Funds raised by the Pine Ridge PTO go directly to enhance the educational experiences of all students at Pine Ridge. So, what DOES the money go toward?
- Field Trips- We pay for both entrance fees and bussing costs for field trips at every grade level.
- Staff Development- We cover the costs of substitute teachers so that our teachers can have team collaboration days. We also cover the cost of additional development for our teachers when requested.
- Books, Books, and More Books- Grade level teachers get a generous gift every few years on a rotating basis to invest in new books for their classroom libraries. Our librarian receives an annual gift for new library books.
- Technology- We have been instrumental in purchasing technology, Chromebook carts, mice, and headsets for students. The PTO also pays the subscription fees for the online educational programming that the teachers request for their grade level, such as Raz Kids and/or IXL.
- Cultural Arts- A generous budget is given toward Cultural Arts experiences each year. This includes author, artist, and musician visits, theater performances, and other experiences.
- Special Grants- The staff at Pine Ridge are always welcome to request money from the PTO and many innovative classroom projects and tools arise from these special grants.
- Large School Projects- Larger school projects in recent years have included library furniture updates and the replacement of three water fountains with updated water bottle stations.